Thursday, August 25, 2005

Excuses, Excuses


I suppose everyone who is flaky about keeping up with their blog has written this sort of post--the "excused absence." I really meant to keep posting once a week, I never intended to drop the ball for so long, etc. And that's all true, so let me cut to the excuse: we've been spending lots of time camping and fishing, with the culmination coming this past Tuesday. True and Kate, ages 10 and 9 respectively, climbed their first 14er!

(For the Texans reading this post, a "14er" is a mountain that is at least 14,000 feet above sea level. No, Texas doesn't have any. For a complete list--and a nifty site if you're into that sort of thing--visit 14ers.com.)

I took the accompanying picture on top of Mount Sherman, at about 10:00 am. The kids flew up that mountain! They were both a little apprehensive, but I don't think they'll be apprehensive on their next hike. We were back at camp before noon (granted, Sherman is one of the easier 14ers, but there are certainly shorter climbs).

Anyway, that's my excuse. To my family, it seems like a pretty good one. Now I'll try to produce more results and fewer excuses.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family, I can't believe how much they are growing, hi Linda! God bless all.

Jeff Baldwin said...

Hey Bekah!

Thanks for the kind words about the family. I'll be sure to post a picture of Emma soon. Linda says "howdy"!